Deep POV: Confessions of a Christian Writer

The ramblings of an emergent-realistic-edgy-working-for-God-and-the-pay-isn’t-that-great-sometimes-confused-christian-fiction writer (uh, that would be me).

Saturday, August 07, 2004

The Honest-to-God Truth about Movies - Part 2 - Christianity Today

This is Part 2 of W. David O. Taylor's article in Christianity Today. He's talking about an issue that's dear to my heart: being real in Christian movies. Rather than presenting a sanitized version of life (i.e., minus the mess and heartbreak), he's advocating honesty. I'd like to see this concept applied to a greater degree in Christian (read: CBA) fiction. I am not against the books that present Christian life in a somewhat (for me) unrealistic picture. I support the right of people to read books for escape or pleasure, the kind of reading you to to "get away from it all." However, I'd like to see the other kind of writing represented to a greater degree.

Commentaries: The Honest-to-God Truth about Movies - Christianity Today Movies