Deep POV: Confessions of a Christian Writer

The ramblings of an emergent-realistic-edgy-working-for-God-and-the-pay-isn’t-that-great-sometimes-confused-christian-fiction writer (uh, that would be me).

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Speculations on Donald Miller

f a i t h * i n * f i c t i o n: What If Donald Miller Were Fictional?

Dave Long has a great post today on the fact that Donald Miller, a very unconventional Christian [see my earlier post about him], is being published by a CBA publisher. Miller appears to be the kind of Christian who'd send a lot of grannies screaming in the other direction, yet his book, Blue Like Jazz, has been a success. Of course, he's writing non-fiction, but I just checked the book on Amazon and he's ranked #148! So how come all the restrictions on fiction?

Update (4/4/05): Just saw this link to the first chapter of Blue Like Jazz. I read it and now I definitely have to go out and buy the book! Read for yourself.