Deep POV: Confessions of a Christian Writer

The ramblings of an emergent-realistic-edgy-working-for-God-and-the-pay-isn’t-that-great-sometimes-confused-christian-fiction writer (uh, that would be me).

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Writing Three Novels a Year

From Christian Retailing:

Jerry Jenkins, co-author of the "Left Behind" series, has signed an exclusive publishing agreement with Tyndale House Publishers for 15 new contemporary novels in the next five to six years.

Although the subject matter is yet undefined, Jenkins will write two novels for each of the next two years and then three a year for the following few years. It is still to be determined if the books will be in a series format or stand-alone novels.

"This is one of the most important publishing deals we've signed," said Ron Beers, Tyndale senior vice president and publisher. "Jerry has a unique ability to communicate to both the Christian and general marketplace. His unique voice resonates with readers everywhere, and I can't wait to see his next big idea."

Jenkins said: "Tyndale House has become like family to me. I couldn't be more thrilled than to formalize my association with them for several more years."
I cannot imagine writing three books a year! Is this just me? Do other novelists think this would be easy even for someone who's written as many novels as Jerry Jenkins has?

Yikes.