Deep POV: Confessions of a Christian Writer

The ramblings of an emergent-realistic-edgy-working-for-God-and-the-pay-isn’t-that-great-sometimes-confused-christian-fiction writer (uh, that would be me).

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Bookmarks in MS Word

Ray Rhamey has just re-published an old article on his blog Flogging the Quill that will revolunize my life. Every writer develops her own system for storing/saving her manuscript. I've always done mine by chapter because I've found one long, huge document to be unwieldly and impossible to navigate when you're looking for something specific. Easier, I reasoned, to search through one chapter than forty. That's before I read Ray's article on bookmarks in Microsoft Word. Yes, I'm sure some of you know all about this and are thinking, "Well, duh!" But even though I've been using Word for years, I had no idea. Check it out here.