Deep POV: Confessions of a Christian Writer

The ramblings of an emergent-realistic-edgy-working-for-God-and-the-pay-isn’t-that-great-sometimes-confused-christian-fiction writer (uh, that would be me).

Sunday, May 22, 2005


Posted by Hello

Reclusive 'Mockingbird' Author Appears - Yahoo! News

I'll be honest, I didn't even know Harper Lee was still alive. This article explains why. If I'd known she was going to be in town, I surely would've tried to catch a glimpse of her. Call me a Harper Lee groupie! To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my all-time favorite books. It's amazing, though, that she never published another book. I wonder why? Was it the notoriety? Or did she have too much pressure given how beloved the book is? I imagine that would be hard. As soon as book #2 hit the shelves, the comparisons would start. Well, maybe she said everything she had to say and just wanted to move on.